Inspect chain and replace any damaged or missing parts. Do not run the spiral with missing parts.
1. Check the chain tension. Shorten the chain when needed. The chain may have to be shortened within the first 200 hours of operation (see the chain shortening instructions in the manual).
– The chain tension bar should operate at an angle between 0º and 6º. The chain needs to be shortened when the tension bar is at or below 0º (horizontal).
– Spirals with spring tensioner – Check the spring compression. The compressed spring should measure from 5 – 61/2 inches. The tensioner flag should operate between the red and the green markers.
– Spirals with air operated tensioner – Check the tensioner air pressure. For the forward direction (up) the pressure should be set at 10 to 15 PSI and the reverse direction (down), at 15 to 20 PSI.
2. Check the transition rollers and holders. All rollers should turn freely and be adjusted to the correct height for smooth transitions. All hardware should be tight.
3. Check speed matching. The in-feed, spiral and out-feed conveyors must be running at the same speed.
4. Check the guide rails for proper position. All hardware should be tight.